Tuesday 6 September 2011

These are a few of my favourite things

Or not things, so much, as fabrics. I have a VERY large stash, my husband jokes that it is starting to generate it's own gravitational field... Sort of like a very colourful black hole....

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of my very favourites with you - and a couple of things I've made out of them as well.

First on my list is Amy Butler - I know she's very popular at the moment, but obviously for good reason. It's the colours! And the patterns! And it coordinates! And looks fab with EVERYTHING...


My work handbag is made with Amy Butler fabric - this one...

www.gonetoearth.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_40&products_id=915

And here are the photos of it. I have to look vaguely respectable at work, so I made the outside rather sober and proper-office-type, but then lined it with my gorgeous-fell-in-love fabric.












The bag was made using this pattern

http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/2009/06/basic-messenger-bag.html


I carry a fair amount of rubbish vital equipment around with me and this bag is perfect.


The second designer I'm loving at the moment is Dan Bennett


http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalog/dan_bennett.html


I just love the quirky florals, and the bright colours (sensing a theme here, anyone?). My make with this one is a clutch bag I made for a friends birthday present, using the Bellflower fabric in orange.













And the pattern for this one is

http://www.noodle-head.com/2010/04/gathered-clutch-tutorial.html


So, that's my favourites. What are yours? Colourful? Pastel? Stripes? Spots? The amount of different fabrics out there is both exhilarating and overwhelming, one of my favourite evening activities is mooching around fabric websites and eBay to see what I can add to the stash! Step away from the credit card...

2 comments:

  1. Love the funky lining in your bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I like making things are quite plain on the outside but stunning inside. Like a wee secret I'm carrying around :-)

    ReplyDelete